Legal Counsel You Can Count On

Helping You Modify The Terms Of Your Divorce

The day a divorce is finalized marks the end of a significant chapter in your life. Your divorce decree should reflect the realities of your life at the time of your divorce. As time passes, you may need to modify the terms of your divorce decree. For instance, as children grow older, their needs may change, and your custody and visitation arrangements should reflect these changes.

Some people try to make informal changes to child custody, child support or alimony. This is not wise, and in fact, informal changes can create serious problems down the road. Working with a knowledgeable lawyer can make a dramatic difference.

When Life Changes, We Can Help You Change Your Divorce Decree

Under Georgia law, anyone who wants to modify a divorce decree must show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. These could include many factors, including a job change or job loss, relocation, changes in family dynamics, the remarriage of an ex-spouse who is receiving alimony, a child’s special needs and myriad other factors. In addition, any changes to child custody arrangements must be in the best interests of the child.

Based in Macon, Lise S. Kaplan, LLC, helps people across Middle Georgia with the full range of family law matters, including modification of divorce decrees. With more than 20 years of experience focused in family law, attorney Lise S. Kaplan offers effective guidance and support to people who need to modify divorce orders.

We will talk candidly about your situation to determine whether you are a good candidate for a successful modification. If so, we will help you navigate the legal process and present the best case possible to help you accomplish the changes you need.

Contact Our Law Firm Today

We offer a complimentary 20-minute consultation to all new clients. Call 478-207-5124 or complete our online form to get started.